Followers

Saturday, August 21, 2010

DID YOU SAY HUMID?

Believe it or not, it was chilly this morning. Who would guess the temperature was on it's way to the mid 80s ...MUGGY by the afternoon.
Barb helped with chores before she had to go into work. Usually she does not work on Saturdays.
The little critters were doing there thing.


Before it got hot, I continued to rip out lillies in an attempt to clean the garden in front of the paddock. The picket fence was rotten, so Gary started taking it down yesterday.

It sure looks different.

When I got in the house, Gary had already started on his second batch of sauce...everything was from our garden...garlic, onions, tomatoes, peppers and carrots. We hope to freeze at least 50 bags.

Eventually I went down to Wegmans to pick up a few things.
The gardens and grounds looked their usual pristine.
Messed around in the workshop this afternoon, and listened to some music. I'm so happy that my components are back in working order. It's a big sound.

Joan stopped over with a load of pictures that I put on my computer so we could sent them to Scotland (where Andrea is visiting her sister Helen). She and several others are working out at Glen Darach and they wanted to give her an update.

I showed Joan my new drum, and she is very interested in getting one and participating in our Drum Jams. That would be great. Hopefully many others will also want to join us.

Evening chores....



Then it was time to put Seymour and Sid in the carrier and take them back to the house.

We ended up having a late dinner, as I still had to make eggplant parm....and a salad. The eggplant was from our garden.

It took awhile to get it together....




But it was worth it. Served it with a side of spags and some good Italian bread.

Watched a movie while we ate. Now it's time to go put the ponies in the barn.
Night all.

8 comments:

mj said...

I love the Tabbies ... your little Seymour is beautiful! Good to see that you've had another very productive and colorful day on the Skoog Family Farm!

Unknown said...

Eggplant parm??????
Mike.

restoration42 said...

With the help of your two new assistants (Seymour and Sid) it is amazing that you get so much done. Kittens have a way of unraveling the best efforts of their humans.

Louise said...

Wow! I can't believe the amount of work you have gotten done on the garden. Getting daylilies out isn't easy. Makes for good sleeping at night, though.

allhorsestuff said...

Oh that Seymour...he so reminds me of my AS Tabby!
And Sid's little saddle markings...just like Elsie's too. She was cometely white under. If she was layin on ber back..looked like she eas a white cat!

Ooou, hope the humidity is gone today for you! That is a rare occurance for our parts...yet the effects on us the same~ wilting! :-()

I will ride Wa mare tonight at sunset and see how she goes...bet a bit frisky...after a week OFF! The rock hard swelling has decreased...but not all the way. I will poultice it again tonight.

I love the patence you had...getting the Impatence & butterfly shot! And YOUR kind of Eggplant P. ..I think i could love ;-) !
KK

Nea said...

Mouthwatering pictures of food. When will they come up with computer screens that you can lick and smell?

Maery Rose said...

I just ate dinner but you've made me hungry all over again! Well acquainted with the humidity but we're supposed to get a break the rest of this week.

sandy said...

this looks delicious!!