Followers

Thursday, August 22, 2024

Time For A Break

I was in slow today.
Last night just before dark Jen picked a bouquet of flowers to take home.

This morning Rebel was still gimpy and looked like this.

When I finished chores, I took both boys into the grooming room and tried to figure out a way to give Rebel's feet some relief.
Last fall when he first had a problem (abscess in his front right) the vet came, did x-rays and thoroughly checked him out.  One thing...his soles were thin.  He got through that as I kept him wrapped for awhile.  Two friends sent me different boots to try, but by the time I got them he did not need them.  I was also given some of this green, very dense, spongy stuff that could be cut and used to protect his feet.  Well today I finally came up with a plan.  I cleaned his feet, cut them out and put them under his soles on top of a diaper.  It took awhile to make sure they were in the right place.
Then I put on a duct tape boot topped with a soft bell.
Gave both boys a quick brush and turned them back out.


I managed to play bridge, but did not feel that great.
Steph continued working on the Studio while I was gone.



I did not feel that great tonight and did not go to Summer Serenades.  Chores at 8.
This is what Rebel looked like coming in.  I don't know why he had to run.  My new system was working.



Got them tucked in and will take it easy for the rest of the night.   Steph, Jen, Scott and Gary are at the Rooster having wings.  Cooper is on duty.
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Looks like someone lost his mask. Rebel seems to be feeling much better in the last video. You need some rest, you have been nonstop on the go. Here's to feeling better.

Val Ewing said...

I was going to say that I know farriers can make a padded glue on shoe for horses like that. I've seen our guy do it a few times. But if there is an abscess you are right in cleaning the foot often and soaking to get rid of the infection.
Good luck!