Followers

Sunday, August 4, 2024

The Brockport Farm Market

Of course we had to have a very hot and humid day, since we had to play at the market this morning.  I took a shower and went out early to feed the horses as I needed to be in Brockport around 8:30 to set up.  It was pretty hazy at 7.



They provided us with a canopy, but it was too small, the sun was hitting us and we had to move things around about 4 times.


We were set up a little before 10 and started playing.  Lauren (above) grabbed a few photos and a took a video.
We played this song once (Bamboo Ala Brockport) and did it again for the Mayor.
The market was busier than usual and we had a good time.  Some people walking by sang along.
Fortunately Gary dropped me off this morning and picked me up when we were finished.  So much equipment to move.  Home around 12:30 and just wanted to cool off.



While I was gone, Gary did some hand mowing and he kept busy outside most of the day.  These tomatoes were in one of the raised beds.  Big and perfect.
He brought in some glads for the kitchen table.



Next Saturday
will be playing at the LeRoy Farm Market and on Sunday we will be at
the Arts Festival in Brockport.  This is a huge event and there will be 150 vendors and lots of food trucks.  Last year 40,000 people attended!  That is huge for our small town.  We will be playing on the stage at the Morgan Manning House, across from all the food trucks.  10-11:30.
I watched some of the Olympics this afternoon and used a coupon to get pizza in Brockport for dinner. Buy one HUGE slice and get one free.  Too hot to make pizza at home.  Made a quick salad with cucumbers and sweet onions topped with cider vinegar and oil.  Yum.  I am so out of gas when it is humid like this.
Chores at 8:30.

Rebel came in without a mask, so after they were tucked in I got out the lawn tractor and drove over all the pastures to see if I could find it...and another one Buddy got off last week.  Only found 1.





Night all.

 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I think of my grandma when I see gladiolas. You two sure don't let the weather stop you! We have a stormy day today. All day according to the forecast.