Followers

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Two Boots For Rebel

Eventually it got up to 80 degrees with some humidity and a tiny bit of rain.  Rebel was super gimpy this morning...

so I decided to put boots on both front feet to see if it helped.
I prepared the duct tape in the house....

and then went out to soak both feet in Epsom salts.  He stood like a champ.
Buddy was there for support and both had a few cookies.





He spent the rest of the day keeping up with Buddy in the pastures.




This afternoon Rhonda and Matt stopped up for some rhubarb and I sent them home with a few tomatoes, beets and a cucumber.  This is only the second time Little Wonder had seen her and she became his new best friend.  Rhonda works with a breeder and also rescues, trains and places pups.
That's in addition to her regular job.  LW got the vibe that she was a dog lover and that was that.
Gary made another batch of sauce today.  We must have filled at least 40 freezer bags as of tonight.
There was a little left so I threw it on some pasta and that was dinner.  In no mood to cook as the house was muggy and I was tired from not sleeping very well last night.  Both cats and LW love having pasta too.
Out at 8.  Getting pretty dark.



I think Rebel appreciated the boots and he was moving a little better.



After tucking the boys in I got on the John Deere and went on the hunt for a couple of their purple masks.  Fortunately I found them and they are now washed for tomorrow.
Stephanie got a late start this morning and will be making a stop on the way instead of getting here at 2am.  She is driving a mini van and her dog, Bandit, is loving it...riding shotgun part of the time.
Night all.





1 comment:

Sandra said...

That's a lot of sauce! I have two gimps at the moment. Can't figure out why. I planted so late I don't have ripe tomatoes yet. I am getting eggplant.