Followers

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Off Duty

I turned 81 today and took the day off.  Chores as usual (in my nightgown which I kept on all day), a couple of friends stopped up with goodies,  did a little mowing for Gary, changed sheets, laundry and then was prone until evening chores.

Rebel lost both of his boots so I opened the door to the grooming room after they were turned out and both boys walked in (thinking it was an extra spa day).  I had already prepped one duct tape boot and needed to make the second.  Rebel came in barefoot, walking well....no bute.  So I did not put anything on him and he was fine all day.  Buddy is very lucky that the duct tape did not stick to his nose.
They both got a quick brushing and (fly)sprayed before I turned them back out.



After that, I got on my trusty John Deere and rode all over the pastures looking for the boot that he lost somewhere.  I found it in the last place I looked.
The temperature went up to 92 and it was SOOOO muggy.
Gary had three appointments....Little Wonder and I took it easy.  My friend Madonna stopped up with some cupcakes.  She has remembered my birthday for decades!
I sent her home with some San Marzano tomatoes.
Before she arrived, my friend Carol stopped by with a gift bag.  I sent her home with tomatoes too.
Went out a little early for evening chores to see how Rebel was doing.  Did he need boots?
Nope.  Still moving alright.






The barn was still hot....78 degrees.  A cold front is coming through tonight and we should get some rain.  In the 70s tomorrow,  Yay!

I washed the masks and that's it for me.
Night all.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Lori. Health and happiness is wished for you. Kathy

Nancy J said...

Much love and SO many best wishes for the 81 years, you can celebrate this achievement with happiness .But even on a special day, chores are still there to be done. Those masks, they need locator beacons.

Val Ewing said...

Happy Birthday! Sure hope you had a nice day.
Funny thing about Rebel he is off and on...it seems.
Too bad it was a hot and muggly day.

Sandra said...

A Very Happy Birthday to you, friend! Somedays I stay in my pjs, why not? The cupcakes look good.

Barbara Anne said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to YOU!
Happy Birthday, dear LORI!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!

It's good to hear Rebel's hoofs are improving.

Hugs!