Followers

Saturday, August 10, 2024

The LeRoy Farm Market

My clock battery died and my Fitbit was also dead.  So lucky I woke up at 6:15 as I had to do chores, take a shower and be ready to leave for a gig by 8am.

The sunrise was beautiful and it was nice and cool.





I was back in the house by 7:30 and managed to be ready in time.  My band members like to arrive on the scene early and we were set up almost an hour before we had to play.  It was a quiet market.

Home before 1, did some laundry, changed sheets and then took it easy with Little Wonder and 
watched some Olympic Events.  For some reason, I am most interested in track and field.

I had to put a blanket I washed on the clothesline and since it is right near the raised beds, picked more veggies.  The Brussels sprouts are getting huge and 
there is a big cabbage waiting to be picked.

I went for the tomatoes, cucumbers and a gigantic green pepper.
While I was gone this morning, Gary made another batch of sauce.
Not in a dinner making mood....but put together a cucumber/sweet onion salad....
and the standby pasta with caramelized onions and fresh tomatoes.

Little Wonder, Sidney and Seymour also had some pasta (without the tomatoes and onions).

Gary stacked many loads of wood today...approaching the halfway mark.
Chores at 8.  I'm so tired!







Night all.

 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Sunflowers and a Gladioli to end the very busy day.Dinner looked yummy, I could so easily have that too.

Val Ewing said...

What a busy day! Everything you have in food looks so delicious. One day I may make a pretty plate. LOL.

Sandra said...

You and Gary leave me speechless. Up early, do chores, set up for your gig, do it. Come home, laundry, sheets, dinner. Gary, well you know how impressed I am with his fortitude. I don't have 1/3 of your energy! Great photos, btw.