Followers

Thursday, August 1, 2024

Even Hotter!

I am so glad it's relatively cool for morning chores.




Finn was here by 8:30 to help Gary with scraping and priming.  Progress.



Today I had my first tomato sandwich for lunch....the first of many.
I picked a basket of veggies for Jenny....Gary left for an appointment...
and Finn was kind enough to drive me to the library for bridge.  Such a sweet kid!



Ann and Dave gave me a ride home and we gave them a bag of beets, cucumbers and green peppers.

I opted not to go to Summer Sernades....just too hot for me.  I needed to use up a couple of sweet potatoes and made potato salad.
So good.  Sweet potatoes, white potatoes, roasted red peppers, hard boiled eggs, chopped bread and butter pickles, a little pickle juice, salt, pepper, honey mustard and mayo.  While the potatoes were cooling I squirted on a little Italian dressing.
Evening chores at 8:30.  A little darker each night.
I think Rebel is on the mend.
Should be a little cooler tomorrow.
Night all.

 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Gary amazes me. Look at him on that ladder! It's so humid this morning there is condensation on the outside of the windows. Tomorrow will be our last day of this for at least a week. It cannot come soon enough.