Followers

Thursday, August 29, 2024

No Nap Today

No rain again, and I really appreciated the cooler weather.







After chores we picked tomatoes, peppers and onions....
and made a huge batch of sauce.

I ordered curtains (Irish lace) for the library as I've been so happy with those Mary Pat gave to us a few months ago (that we put in the living room and bedroom).  Very old fashioned and they soften the light.
At one I was at the library playing bridge.  No naps on Thursdays.
Got home at 4:30 and eventually made a zucchini/onion/tomato pie.
As per usual I altered the recipe and ended up putting it in a lasagna dish instead of a pie plate.
It turned out well
Made a salad with apples, pears, walnuts, craisins and poppy seed dressing.
Tasted so good and we have more for tomorrow,
Chores a little before 8.  The darkness is creeping up earlier and earlier









Off duty and ready to get prone.
Night all.

 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I always appreciate having enough for another meal.I've never had a tomato pie. We are full on dark by 8:15 now. Your library looks inviting. The curtains a pretty.