Followers

Sunday, August 25, 2024

Fine Dining With Mary Jo and Ken

A gorgeous day.  Heated up a little....increased humidity.

I was up at 6:30 and Steph was already packed and had the van ready for her long drive to Kansas City.

Bandit and Little Wonder spent a few minutes together before they left.


The sunrise was glowing.

Bandit was riding shotgun when they pulled out of the driveway.
Gary went back to bed for an hour and I went out to feed the boys. 

Then, I took my band stuff back out to the Studio and vacuumed the rug.  All set for practice on Wednesday.


It was quite a week and we are all ready for some rest.  It's after 9 and Steph is about an hour away from Kansas City.  She has more energy than anyone I know.

We were invited to dinner out on Lake Ontario.  Mary Jo and Ken spend their summers there and she stopped at the farm yesterday for some manure (she uses it in the garden where she grows garlic).  Anyway, we sent her home with some tomatoes and onions.  Later she called about dinner.
This is their pup, Bailey.



From beginning to the end it was all about fine dining!  We had dinner on their screened in porch looking out at the water.
The lake was pretty calm.  It was so peaceful and serene.











What a meal!  Mary Jo knows her way around the kitchen and is a champion griller!

I need the recipe for this cherry/custard dessert...can't remember the name of it.
When the sun started setting it was time for us to go home.  Little Wonder spent time at Jenny's while we were gone and we had to pick him up before I tucked in the horses.








Earlier today I put all the solar lights (Steph had gotten for the party) around our sign and got this fuzzy photo.  I'm loving the artsiness.
Night all.






 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Yesterday on Sunday Morning they did a feature on the Stones. I commented on Mick's energy and Mark said "you mean he's like Lori and Gary"? Yes, I show him photos and give reports of your awesomeness!

That is a serene spot to spend a late August afternoon.

Lori Skoog said...

Thank you Mark!