Followers

Friday, August 16, 2024

Still Painting....Still Making Sauce and It's Finn's 21st Birthday!


Finn and 7 of his friends celebrated his birthday at a concert last night.  Can't believe he is 21 years old.  This summer he has been doing a lot of work for Gary around the farm so we have been able to spend more time with him.  A total pleasure!  In a couple weeks he will be a Senior at Cortland.

A little warmer today with moderate humidity.  Rebel was pretty stiff this morning and I went out to the pasture to pick his feet.... he let me do both fronts after he led me around for awhile.  Something has to be wrong somewhere else if he continues to let me pick up both front feet.  When he had an abscess he did not want to put any weight on that foot while I picked the other.  I worry more about him than about Gary and myself and our gimpiness. We're all getting hit with age.




More blossoms every day.

The painters were here before 9.  Below....Brian and Gary.  Brian used to work for Gary when he was doing contracting many years ago....and now Brian has his own very successful business and is painting our house.  Normally he and his crew work on commercial interiors and they have not painted a house in ages....probably won't do another one as it is so much harder.
While they got started, I picked a major load of tomatoes and decided to make a big batch of sauce.

Over half of the house has been painted and the North side is in pretty good shape so they should not have to do much scraping.

Needed some peppers, so I went over to the raised beds and got all this stuff.
I made everyone a tomato sandwich for lunch along with a cucumber and sweet onion salad.  
'Tis the season.
The sauce was cooking until about 4pm and it is going to take forever for it to cool enough to go in freezer bags.
By this afternoon I was ready for some down time....so was Little Wonder.


I also had also picked this huge cabbage....
and Gary dug up half a bushel of potatoes.

Somehow I managed to make some macaroni salad for dinner.

We had it on greens with Italian dressing and big cherry tomatoes.
Chores at 8.  Rebel was better than he was this morning (when he had a gram of bute) but is still not right.  I gave his leg a rub with some Absorbine.






Night all.


2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

:(
So do you think something like arthritis or something like that is bothering him? Or elderly mule [29] is gimpy again. She had the abscess earlier this year and I think either it is back or something else is going on. She is also having trouble breathing so there is that.

Sandra said...

I sometimes remind myself they can have problems as they age just like we do. I have a mare who is very stiff and nothing has helped. Finn grew up!