Followers

Friday, August 9, 2024

We Were Lucky

There was some crazy weather east of us today.  We got 1/16th of an inch of rain and others had 4 inches with outrageous flooding.  Cars and garages floating down the powerful rivers of water.  People stranded in their homes.  Trees snapping off like toothpicks.

As soon as I get to the barn in the morning, the radio goes on and I start getting breakfast ready for Rebel and Buddy.


Today I could not resist moving to a Prince song.  When I was a kid, I danced my brains out!






A little after 10 Scott stopped by to return some firewood we had taken down to Canicius Lake the day we went there for a picnic and boat ride.
He and Gary walked around the house to see the progress being made.
I was not all that productive this afternoon.
Pancakes for dinner.
Now that it is getting dark earlier, I'm putting the horses in around 8.  When I went out, they both had their masks off and I found them easily.


Gary started working on the wood pile and stacked about 12 wheelbarrows full.









I've got to get my act together tomorrow morning as we have a gig at the LeRoy Farm Market and I'm being picked up at 8am.
Night all.





 

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Have a great day then!