Followers

Friday, August 30, 2024

More Sauce

It was a hot one today.  85 and very muggy.

Rebel was the worst ever this morning.  I never should have let him go without boots.  Called the vet and he can have a gram of bute per day until Tuesday morning when she will be here.  After chores I went out to get him and he was as far away as possible.  SO GIMPY...this time on his front left.

I got him back to the grooming room and put a boot on him.  (Before that I gave him his bute with a syringe.  Normally he eats it in his food).  Anyway. after he was wrapped he would not put any weight on that foot so I could do the other.
Buddy kept us company.  They each got a quick brushing and were sprayed.
They always think it's spa day when the grooming room door rolls open,

Thank heavens it went pretty well.

Afterward we picked more tomatoes and peppers to make our final batch of sauce.  This pot for Jenny.  It's hard to see the tomatoes out there and not do something.


By that time, Little Wonder was roasting.  Me too.


We made up a couple of veggie baskets for friends and Gary dropped them off this afternoon.

Our friend Janet stopped up with some hay questions.  She gave me some advice on boots that may fit Rebel.

He was moving quite a bit better by then.
Dinner was leftovers.


Tucked the boys in and Rebel let me put the other boot on.  Such a good boy.
They are not pretty, but they give his soles some protection.



Sitting in front of a fan.  Cooler tomorrow.
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

SoftRide boots are terrific. I has an ASB who foundered really bad and someone recommended them. They have different inserts, including one for founder. It really made a difference, he could get out of his stall. I'd send them to you but they would be too large, Dude was 17HH and just a big boy.

My tomatoes are just starting to ripen.

Val Ewing said...

Wow...sure wish you could figure out his issues, but you are doing such a good job caring for him.