Followers

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Gimmeeabreak....

Stop sending the humidity!  Yikes!



Rebel was barefoot.  Had no bute for 24 hours and was putting weight on his foot, just a little gimpy.
After chores I picked the indoor (the boy's outhouse).  Little Wonder assisted.
Made a quick trip to the bank and Wegmans, then it was time for rehearsal.  
Fortunately the air conditioner had the studio in good shape.  Little Wonder slept the entire time.
When everyone left I checked out the tomato plants in the North garden and also got a load from the raised beds.  The San Marzanos are so heavy, 3 of the cages were on their sides.  It's going to be a good year.
Picked cucumbers (totally out of control), tomatoes and green peppers (huge).
Gary grilled a couple small pieces of chicken that I put on top of our salads for dinner.
The lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, red pepper, onions and beets were all from our gardens.  Topped all that with some feta cheese and homemade croutons.

Chores at 8:30.  It's getting dark earlier and earlier.




When I got back to the house, Gary was working on the puzzle we got at the Burlingame dinner.
Now that he started it, he can't leave it alone.
Little Wonder is under the fan in the living room.  These last two shots were taken in the dark.


Night all.

 

3 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Thank goodness the A/C worked!

Overnight we never got below the mid 70's and that is unusual for our part of the world.
However, it is August so the length of daylight and the temps will start changing...

Stay cool.
I stayed in most of yesterday.

Sandra said...

I wish the weather gods listened to me. Not only would I stop sending it, I'd stop having it here!

I planted so late that whatever I get will probably be next month. The herbs are thriving. Everything is thriving at your place.

Barbara Anne said...

We need a humidity break, too. Mercy! Wish the climate was like it used to be so we could happily anticipate cooler weather by mid-September, just weeks away. Sigh. Thank God for air conditioning.

Hope you found the missing mask.

Hugs!