Followers

Thursday, July 18, 2024

A Dissertation Today

Finally, cooler weather with less humidity.



I was busy every minute.  At noon I went down to a friend's beautifully restored home.  Had never been there but admired the changes over the past couple of years.
She was kind enough to borrow her Mom's golf cart for a tour of the grounds.



Huge barns...and how about that paint job???
Her pups joined us.

This is Charlene.  She has worked so hard and as you can see, has such great taste!  There are gardens everywhere.
Her property joins her Mom's and there is a huge pond in the back fed by a creek,

There is a footbridge that leads to a small island and it's home to at least a dozen geese.
I really enjoyed this part of my day and have such respect for the effort Charlene has taken to get this property in such gorgeous condition.
From there I went to the library for an afternoon of bridge and some lousy cards.  By the time I got home, our driveway was sealed and looked great.  Now we have to stay off it for a couple days.

Gary continued working on the house while I was gone.


I checked out the garden.
Everything is starting to pop.



Gary had to be at the Welcome Center for Summer Serenades by 5:30, so I quickly made up some pasta and we ate it there while the band set up.
Little Wonder went with us and I took him home before they started to play.
Feedback!  Everyone loves this band and there was a nice crowd in attendance.












Check out the people dancing on the other side of the canal.




We did not get home until 9 and the ponies were ready to get tucked in.






Night all.

 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Celebrate, and I'm a believer, my favourites. What a great event, I'm sure everyone so enjoyed it all.

Val Ewing said...

That looks like it was a great day! I am pleased that you guys get out and have fun!

That house! Wow! I am so used to a tiny house that I am not sure I could deal with a large beauty like that!

Sandra said...

Shut up and fish! Funny. Holy Wow on that house and property. Huge. Whatever magical youth potion Gary has found, I'd like some, please. He does amaze me, no joke. Your community is priceless.