Followers

Monday, July 15, 2024

A Short Monsoon

Finally, all the mugginess came down in the form of rain....heavy rain late afternoon.

Some gorgeous blossoms were waiting for me this morning.










Just when I finished chores Kevin M. arrived to pick up his garlic order.
After that, Gary was thrilled to put up a metal strip that blew off the indoor (on the left side of the door) when we had a major wind gust yesterday.  After that he finished the hand mowing I found all kinds of stuff in the veggie gardens.



The potatoes are gorgeous, and he picked 25!!!!!!! cucumbers that were hiding under the leaves.
I made a couple jars of cucumber (refrigerator) pickles.
Late afternoon the skies opened up and we had a super heavy downpour. 
 Near Rochester they had 3 inch hail and there were tornado warnings in Canandaigua.  The indoor doors were open and I had to go out and shut them so it would not get soaked inside.
Fortunately Buddy and Rebel were smart enough to get under the shed roof.



An hour later, the sun came out.
We had dinner (leftovers from last night) for lunch and I had eggs and toast for dinner.
Jenny got home from Mystic and stopped up with a couple very sweet gifts from a Swedish Shop.  We sent her home with potatoes, cucumbers, banana peppers, green peppers, onions, pickled beets and a jar of the cucumber refrigerator pickles.
The color of the sky, when I went out for evening chores, made everything have a pink tint...including Little Wonder.

Got the boys tucked in and

am tuning in to the R convention.  JD Vance has some very interesting ideas for women.  Good luck on that front.  All states....no abortions.....period.  So what if you are 12 years old!!!  And the Judge's decision in Florida (supported by Thomas)!  One more "escape" for T.  It may take a turn for the better...that would be nice.  I am totally against the violence that has been promoted and now it has bitten T in the a$$.  What a tragedy for the family of the man who was killed and the two others who were injured.  We are living in a wild country and this has to stop.
Night all.

 

4 comments:

KC said...

I watched the interview President Biden did with Lester Holtz and I am glad he turned the question around back to why media never covered the lies the former president told at the debate. The debate rhetoric was not covered evenly which has made me lose faith in the media and journalism reporting. The repeated lies, the women he’s destroyed and still owes millions to, the violence he spews to stir up weak minded, just tells me he isn’t worthy of a vote for office. Kathy

Nancy J said...

What do you do when neither is attractive? Love those hibiscus, and rain looks very heavy. The ponies must be so glad to be in the barn.

Val Ewing said...

I'm going to support the person that doesn't spout off horrible vitriol and threats. Women have rights and I think of my grand daughters who may night have the same rights as I did growing up.
That is insane.
Even more insane is how the media never covers T's lies, cheating, and his long history of being such a poor business man. He wasn't even a very good TV reality star.
My opinion.

The weather got wild all over the place! Streets in my old home town are flooded and yesterday we watched the local river rise up and close roads....

One day at a time.

Sandra said...

No dummies, those boys! LW is in the pink. 😀

The ownership of the media tells us why they leave 45 alone. Our toxic capitalism at work. Project 25 isn't reported at all on the mainstream media. It's earth shattering, yet never mentioned.