Followers

Monday, July 29, 2024

57 Years

The mugginess has arrived and it knocks me for a loop.
Rebel had no boot on this morning and walked out to the pasture...can tell that he is not back to normal.

This was another Spa Day with Alice.  By 10am we were in the grooming room.
Buddy is so much more relaxed these days.  The grooming room is insulated so it's cool and there is a fan going behind them.  Had to feel great.


When it was Rebel's turn I soaked his foot in Epsom Salts.  

He stood there like a champ.







We were finished by noon and went out to lunch.
At 1:15 the farrier arrived, checked his foot and trimmed it.  Could not find any heat or the sign of an abscess and he could put his weight on it.  She thinks he may have a bruise.


I left him barefoot and will decide what he needs tomorrow morning.
Around 3:30 I had an appointment with the massage therapist.  Needed it.
I felt so hot and tired by the time I got home.  Little Wonder and I took it easy.



Chores at 8:30.


Rebel was waiting in the run-in...it was pretty dark in there and he was near the fan.



Sitting in front of a fan while I am doing this.  
Night all.

PS
Today was our 57th wedding anniversary....that's a long time!



 

5 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Happy Anniversary!
Sounds like Rebel could be on the mend?

thecrazysheeplady said...

Happy Anniversary!

Barbara Anne said...

Happy Anniversary! Y'all must have been children when you married. We've just turned 73 and have been married 52 years.

I'm glad Rebel is on the mend even though a bruised hoof much hurt.

Isn't humidity horrid?

Hugs!

Sandra said...

Happy Anniversary! That is a long time. It will be 43 years for us in August. Alice is so comfortable with the horses now. Rebel, sticking out his tongue!

Lori Skoog said...

Barbara Anne .We were not children when we got married....I will be 81 in August and Gary will be 81 in September.....