Followers

Friday, July 12, 2024

Oh My Aching Back!

A long, hot and muggy day.






After chores I mowed the lawn.  Our tomato plants are 4 feet tall...higher than me...sitting on the mower.
Can't wait to have the real thing.  Store tomatoes have no flavor
Finn came up to work with Gary.  He and another friend of Gary pulled out the rest of the garlic in about 15 minutes!  Saved a lot of work.

Fortunately, the rain we got on Wednesday has kept the lawn in pretty good shape.


At 4:30 We were down at Sagawa Park setting up for a 6-8 gig.  There was a little breeze and we were under a big tree so it was not too bad.  The village sidewalk sale was going on and we were the entertainment.  Decided we would wear hats for the fun of it!


We went through our entire set list and then just started picking out other songs.
Now we are going to cancel next weeks rehearsal since we already played two times this week.
Home a little after 8:30.  Fortunately Gary drove down to pick me up and he loaded the car with my 8 thousand pounds of equipment.  At least it seemed that heavy.  Tucked the boys in a little after 8:30.



Between the lawn mower and sitting on a stool for a couple hours I feel as stiff as a board.  Can't wait to do nothing.  So out of gas.  Humidity does such a number on me....
Night all.
PS
Jenny and two pals are doing it up right.  Yesterday they drove up to "The Mystic" for a girls vacation.  See that big house up on the bluff?  Taylor Swift owns it!
They are living the good life!









2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Hopefully your rest helps!
Maybe some stretching will help.

We are in for hot hot stuff. I'm thinking about doing some 'nothing'. LOL.

Sandra said...

I'm glad you added 'sitting on the mower'. I know you are short, but I didn't think you're under 4 feet!

It's good that Gary got some help with his massive amount of garlic.You've been extra busy lately. I cannot tolerate the humidity, so I just give in and let things be. I'll be doing the same as Val, some 'nothing'.