Followers

Friday, July 19, 2024

Two Days In A Row

I am really enjoying the cooler weather!





After chores I did not do much...went to Wegmans for a few things.  Gary had picked a beautiful gigantic cabbage yesterday so I needed to find something to do with it.
Decided to put it in the crock pot with some onions, carrots, polka kielbasa, a little chicken stock, shot of cider vinegar and some brown sugar.  I sautéed the onions, carrots, kielbasa and cabbage first.
Lunch was yummy.  I had one ripe avocado and mixed it with sour cream and salsa...did not have a lime so I squeezed on some fresh lemon juice.  Made a sandwich with that, Swiss cheese, a tomato and two very thin slices of Genoa salami.  Great combo.
The boys were nice and comfortable today and spent much of it on the grass.
We had dinner...so good.
At 8:30 I went out to tuck in the boys.  As soon as they saw me they came into the barn.

Drama in the sky.

We are taking it easy for the rest of the night.
Night all.

PS
As for the convention last night....it started out the way I expected and then got cheesier and cheesier as things went on.  Fairy princess music, Hulk Hogan, Kid Rock, a biographical movie and then...the main speaker, who did not stay on script.  I couldn't take it anymore and turned off the TV.  Yesterday at bridge I learned that a couple of T fans were very uninformed about the VP pick.  I'll bet JD will be forced to compromise on some of his ideas as he is a disaster when it comes to women.  Not only that, both candidates can't wait to start deporting 10 million immigrants who have been put on notice.  So interesting, since they have (beautiful) wives from other cultures/countries.  I do believe we could have a much better system at the boarders, but that takes cooperation.  And so many lies again....I heard that over 20 were listed in the NYTimes.  But that's nothing new.  Now we have to figure out the Biden fiasco.

 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Mark heard on NPR a major donor told Biden he needed to choose between ego and the country. I'm leaning toward ego as his choice. I didn't watch that farce of a convention.

We are humid today. No yard work for me. I told Mark I have options!