Followers

Sunday, July 14, 2024

Veggie Stir Fry

If this is going to be our "summer" weather, we are in deep tapioca.  90 degrees and very muggy...AGAIN!





After chores I mowed the small pasture.  It was already getting hot, but I toughed it out.




Then, I did the front paddock and that finished me off.

I made a quick trip to Wegmans so I would have all the ingredients for dinner.  After taking it easy for awhile I got everything cut up and ready to go.  The news on the political scene was pretty interesting today.  The same thing was repeated over and over and over and over.  In general, FB was relatively quiet...expect for a few idiots who had to get nasty.  The projection of violence has set the stage for a scary 4 months.  Perhaps Trump may cool it a little.  That certainly would be nice.  To keep promoting it will do us no good at all.  What about the man who was killed and the other two who were injured?  They certainly did not deserve it!  What a mess.



Onions, carrots, celery, cabbage, green pepper, roasted red peppers, snow peas, pineapple and water chestnuts.









Served it over rice with a side of thick chow main noodles and duck sauce.  Of course I had to have a banana with it.
I had made a watermelon, grape, blueberry fruit salad, which Gary had after dinner.  It's huge and will be our go to snack for days.
Tucked the boys in around 8:30.
Night all.

PS
Jenny sent a few more photos.  They sure picked a perfect time to hang out by the ocean.







I have never had the opportunity to go on a girls vacation.  They are livin' the good life!





 

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

The US political scene is a disaster, no matter what side you are on. He will be a brave man to have any more rallies, or I can think of a more appropriate word!!! The heat, grandson in Vancouver is finding it SO hot, however out of the city and higher up in the hills helped. Even a breeze while on the lawn tractor would be welcome.

Anonymous said...

Why must someone who has been shot have to stand and raise their fist and shout fight is not wanting peace in my mind.
If I didn’t see these nice meal pictures prepared, I’d sure miss it so keep inspiring me Lori to do fresh meals with our abundance of produce out there this season. Kathy

Val Ewing said...

I agree. Standing up and shouting like he did? Not acknowledging the fact that he felt any sorrow for those others?

Violent rhetoric = violent acts.
Today I am very sad.
And hot
and that's it. I am not watching the news today.

Emotional exhaustion.

Sandra said...

Emotional exhaustion. Val said it all.

I've never had a girls vacation, either. Actually, other than travelling to horse shows I haven't had a vacation for the past 30 years. Your stir fry looks fantastic!

Lori Skoog said...

Sandra, Kathy, Val and Jean....The x President wants to get all the mileage possible out of what happened. Raise more money....get new voters. The Florida judge gave him another bonus today, but there are possibilities for something good to come out of it. Getting his ear cut (was it a glass chard?) does not erase everything he has done or said in the past. He has promoted violence, has threatened people and has one hell of a hit list if he gets elected. It's unbelievable that somonee had to get killed or put in the hospital because of the chaos and negativity he has brought to this country. We shall see what his message is at the convention...and then the real battle will begin.