Followers

Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Moving Into the Purples

Started off the day with some sunshine and the gnats decided to show up.



While I was cleaning the stalls both horses decided to come back into the barn.  The bugs were bad and I put on their masks for the first time.
Decided to mow the lawn and never finished it as the lawn tractor pooped out on me when I was 3/4 of the way done.  Looks like we will be doing some hand mowing tomorrow.
Now that we are moving out of the tulip stage we are headed toward some violets....soon we will have iris.

Gary went to yoga and out to lunch.  I picked some rhubarb for my pal Andrea as Little Wonder and I were going to pay her a visit so we could unload some tomato plants.
Gary's garlic plants are easily over 3 feet high now.
I got to Glen Darrach a little after 2 and had a nice long chat with Andrea.
Her Abdullah boy, Wallace (going to be 3 in July) is now 16'2.

The temperature went up to 76 today.  Little Wonder was not thrilled.
At 6:30 we went down to the Morgan Manning House for their annual meeting.

Jenny is on the Board of Directors and worked on this event.
It was a fundraiser




and was well attended.
Because this was the 2024 capital campaign kick off, the outgoing President donated $5,000 as matching funds to anyone who donated tonight.  What a gift!  Mary Lynn may look familiar as she has participated in all the panel discussions we have done at the college (Aging and Activity).
Home at 7:30 to tuck the boys in.  The bugs were worse than they were this morning.




Seymour is still doing well and continues to go with me to the barn.  He's skinny, but is eating very well....and I need to clean and medicate his ear every day.
Good light tonight.
I hope the rain washes off my sick John Deere.

The apple trees continue to pump out more leaves and blossoms.
Today Gary's native plant garden got a major cleaning and mulching by the landscapers that put it in last year.  Looks so much better!

Night all.

 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Such a beautiful place you live in!

Those gardens are incredible and that shot through the trees! Wow!

Sandra said...

I echo Val, your place is beautiful. I am dreading the return of the bugs. We don't have them yet but it won't be long. That looks like it was a nice event.