Followers

Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Taking the Plunge

Not the best weather today.







Another new blossom outside.
I wanted to do some hand mowing after chores but the grass was too wet.  Eventually Gary was able to get part of it done.
I decided that I am not messing around with our two old John Deeres so Gary and I went on the hunt.  First we checked on Kubotas (very nice and very expensive) then we looked at John Deeres.  We settled on a lawn tractor that is a little bigger and sturdier than a lawn mower.  I have been consulting with Scott and if he approves, we will get this one tomorrow.
We are too old to be messing around and hopefully this will be our last.
Our friend Mary Jo and her pup, Bailey,  showed up for some manure so she can continue to improve her gardens.  Always nice to see her.

I swear...the temperature dropped 10 degrees by the time I went out to tuck the boys in.  

In addition to having the most beautiful tail....Buddy is close to showing off some beautiful dapples.






Taking it easy now.
Night all.

PS
This is the schedule (so far) for our band over the next few months.  Today our practice was cancelled and we will work on our new set lists next Wednesday.  All of these gigs should be fun!


 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

When Hugh had a lawn mowing business, he had a Kubota, yes expensive, but it lasted the distance and did all the hard work, finally traded it in for a smaller one for our smaller section. You need one that is easy to use, comfortable to sit on, maybe hydrostatic ? Automatic? so no changing gears, I can see you will be happy with that J D.

Val Ewing said...

Nice! We have a 10 year old Country Clipper and I love mowing with it. The seat is falling apart but any repairs are done quickly by the fella we purchased it from. I like your mower! I wish I had an older mower to do the back pasture with!

I couldn't do any of the others because of rocks and logs.

Hopefully you get that sweet John Deere, they are excellent mowers.

Sandra said...

That is a full schedule. I have an old large lawn tractor I mow pastures with and a large mower for the rest. It's also old but works. You will enjoy your new equipment, I have no doubt.