Followers

Saturday, May 25, 2024

The Mosquitos Have Arrived

A sunny morning followed by heavy rain and lots of bugs.




After chores I changed sheets and did laundry before going down to the Shoe Dept. to look for more Sketchers.  Ended up buying the same one I already have and will sacrifice it for barn chores.  Can use my orthotics and get lots of support.  So much lighter than my rubber boots.  I spent the afternoon (while it was pouring) binging on Season 15 of Heartland.  We had a simple dinner....pork chops (topped with rhubarb chutney), sweet potatoes and a salad made with lettuce from our garden.
Little Wonder and I usually hang out until 8 when we go out to put the horses in.




The poor guys were being attacked by gnats and they both had bites on their chests and sides. 
Fortunately the barn is not full of bugs.





Night all.

 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

We had rain and rain too and the bugs are back! Of course we didn't have them last year because we had a drought.
However, it seems things are a bit on the right track right now.

Your supper looks delicious!

Sandra said...

Did you know the mosquito is the Minnesota state bird? Most people mistakenly think it the Loon. Good looking dinner. I posted a link to a clafoutis recipe.