Followers

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Gnatsville.....

In the 60s today, yet the gnats were out in force tonight.

After chores I dug out our little John Deere as I want to pass it on to a friend whose son can get it running again.  It's been sitting around for over a year and needs a major tuneup.
Gary planted this rhododendron in our kitchen garden today.  It's going to be a beauty as it get bigger
I moved some plants around on the porch and like it much better,
After lunch I made some sweet potato salad and threw some baked beans in a crock pot.
No band practice today.
The strawberries have started turning red....now we just need to have more at one time so I can make something with them.

The afternoon light was gorgeous.  I love the way the curtains filter it.

A picnic dinner.



Chores a little after 8.  The gnats were driving me (and the boys) nuts!





Night all.

 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

One berry each, that's a good start.

Val Ewing said...

Yum on the strawberries!

Yes, the gnats are a problem with lots of rain and humidity! I have a head net and I also use Buggins Insect Spray which has Vanilla, Mint, Rose scented spray and does a fair job of repelling them without stinking too like nasty spray. I've been using it for years during gnat and no see 'um season.



Sandra said...

Beautiful light in a beautiful room. The gnats and mosquitoes are absolutely horrid this year. The young man will appreciate the mower. The rhododendron is a beauty.