Followers

Thursday, May 30, 2024

34! Yes!

Perhaps there is some kind of justice in this world.  To hear someone say that if he does not get elected, there will be big trouble in our country.  It is so hard for me not to say what I really feel about what is going on...

Fortunately, there is still some beauty in my world.

Rebel was watching for me this morning.
It was in the low 60s all day, but the gnats were still bad tonight.
After chores I did some weed whacking and then I mowed the outdoor arena and front paddock.
Buddy and Rebel joined me.

Two shiny pennies.



More blossoms all over the place.

Our leaf lettuce is going nuts and I picked a bag full for my friend Hanny.
The mixed greens are kicking in too.
How about those strawberries?
I picked almost a quart.


At 1 I was down at the library for bridge.  Melba and I came in first place!
Home around 4:30 and tuned in to the latest news.  It made my day.

Here are some of the tomatoes my friend Hanny gave me today.  I see sandwiches in my future.
Tonight we met Jenny, Scott and Cooper at Cappelletti's for dinner.
Everything was delicious.



Gary and Coop ordered chicken parm and it was my favorite.
These two!  Always love spending time with them!
Finn was golfing tonight and this was his first day substitute teaching Phys Ed at the Hill School!

Home in time for a short break....then it was time for chores.



Night all.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There’s something wrong if you can’t serve in the military if you have been charged with a felony but it’s ok we have a man who thinks he can lead our country and become president. Sadder yet, it’s allowed. The more lies he keeps saying, his fan base absorbs so fingers crossed, he loses election and is never heard of again since he has no backbone to admit his mistakes. Sorry I am venting. I can’t believe fresh strawberries are here already. Kathy

Nancy J said...

Flowers, ponies, green grass, a bowl full of strawberries, And all 34 counts.!!! A huge Hooray from down here for you all.

Barbara Anne said...

YES! Made my day, too. May he feel the just consequences of his conniving, law-breaking, and cheating at the July 11 sentencing.

Your salads and meals always look so yummy!

Hugs!

Val Ewing said...

I couldn't get a job with a Felony charge when I was applying as a Security Guard, I couldn't get a job with any criminal charge -- not even if I hadn't been to trial. If I had a traffic violation, I could be suspended.

Yet the orange menace can get a job as our leader? Preposterous. That needs to change.

I watched the verdicts being read and felt some joy.

Yummy looking garden produce!

Sandra said...

In some states convicted felons can't vote, but this guy can be president. What a fecking system. I whooped when I heard the verdict. I wish he had to be in prison while awaiting sentence. An average Joe would be.

Tomatoes already? I don't even have then planted!