Followers

Friday, May 24, 2024

Rhubarb This and Rhubarb That

Another gorgeous day.








After chores I decided to pick some rhubarb.
Of course Little Wonder made sure I was doing it right.
First I made some rhubarb chutney....half a batch to see if I liked it or not.
Naturally I did it my way.  Had no ginger. No allspice. Added two tablespoons of strawberry jam.  Why not?
At 2:45 I was at the Brockport Animal Hospital so LW could get his heart worm test.  He does not like to go with anyone else and I had to lead him to the lab area.
Made Naan Bread pizza for dinner.

(at the same time I cooked down the rest of the rhubarb for rhubarb shortcake)
I topped the pizza with what I had in the house.  Sauce, spinach, pepperoni, roasted red peppers, onions and Feta cheese.

So good!  So easy!
After dinner Gary water the raised beds and I

went out for evening chores.  By then it was 8pm.



Gnats...gnats...and more gnats.  At least Rebel and Buddy had on their new, clean masks.







Night all.

 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

A delight to see your garden so summery looking. Down here, grey, cool and the fire is gobbling up the wood.

Val Ewing said...

Beautiful gardens!
I can't eat much rhubarb, but I do enjoy a strawberry rhubarb piece of pie once in a while. Rhubarb burns my stomach up!

Looks like a nice weekend!

Sandra said...

I have serious garden envy! I think I'm going to try a rhubarb clafoutis. It needs to be picked. Pizza looks good.