Followers

Friday, May 17, 2024

Linguine With Sun Dried Tomatoes and Spinach

This certainly was not a beautiful day!

To see Seymour and Sidney next to each other was a miracle this morning.  They usually are hissing at each other.

After feeding the cats and Little Wonder, making beet pulp and cutting up the carrots for the boys....Little Wonder and I did our usual.  Sitting on a chair with my feet up and a heating pad on my back....checking out my email and stuff...having a piece of toast and putting on the news.  Little Wonder gets on my lap and eats 4 little pieces of carrots.




I put masks on the boys this morning and by tonight Buddy's was who knows where.



After chores I picked the indoor....
and went down to Wegmans to get a couple ingredients needed for tonights dinner.
It was dreary out so LW and I took it easy........again.

Gary worked on the gardens at the end of the driveway.  A big job.

By late afternoon he gave up because it was pouring.
So here is what I made for dinner.  First I chopped up some sun dried tomatoes, an onion, a shallot and a big clove of garlic.  Sautéed them in a little oil from the sun dried tomatoes.  Added salt, pepper and a few red pepper flakes.
Then I added some chicken stock and reduced it by half.
Added sour cream...
in the meantime I put 5 cups of spinach in a collander.
Added some Romano cheese and a tablespoon of butter and stirred until blended.
Dumped the linguine on top of the spinach...
and the hot water wilted it.
Tossed it altogether and voila!
So good.
The boys were in the pasture when I went out for evening chores....getting soaked.





Sidney was in the barn with us and then he found a dry spot on the porch of Gary's barn.
Night all.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy dinner. Thanks for the recipe idea. Hope the rain leaves us tomorrow. Kathy

Val Ewing said...

I'm going to start coming to your house for supper, it looks way better than anything I put on my table.
:)

Lori Skoog said...

Val, Anytime you can get here, I would love to cook for you!

Sandra said...

I agree about dinner, it looks delicious! We had heavy rain last evening. Everything is saturated. If I had a LW I would likely never get out of my chair.