Followers

Monday, May 6, 2024

Just Hanging Around

Nothing special today.



It sure is nice not having to mess around with snow and blankets.



Because we had so little bad weather this winter, my good old trike was never put away.  It still works like a charm but is getting a little rusty and I'm thinking about starting my longer rides again.  Every single day I put my beet pulp and carrots in the basket and ride it to the paddock and back twice, just to keep using my quads.
I thought I was going to have to put Seymour down last week.  He has gotten thin and did not want to eat for a couple days.  He spent all of his time hiding out in the basement where he has a cozy bed.  He had a cancerous growth in his ear that I had removed some time ago and now it is growing back again.  I have to clean his ear every day and put a med in it.  Anyway....on Saturday I went down to check on him and he was not there.  Eventually he showed up and wanted to come in the house and was very interested in food.  He has been going out to the barn with me and today he spent the entire day in the house.  Go figure.  I'll do the best I can as long as he has some quality in his life.  He is 14.
Took it easy with my buddy for a short time and was ready for a nap when two friends showed up for rhubarb.
I found a great recipe for a Greek Chick Pea Salad and went down to Wegmans to get the ingredients I did not have.


Made a big bowl for dinner.
Yet another hibiscus blossom appeared today.  This weekend I am going to put a lot of our plants out on the porch off the kitchen.


We had the salad and some fresh Italian bread for dinner.  I'm sure we will be hungry later as that's all I served.
The sky was beautiful at 7:15.




Tucked the boys in for the night.  They will have a spa day tomorrow.
Night all.

 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Seymour perhaps had a bad few days and has recovered. I hope so. I would make that salad for when my son and his wife visit Saturday but I think the feta is a big part of the flavor and vegan knocks that out. It is hard.