Followers

Friday, March 1, 2024

But What About The Fruit Trees?

It got up to 52 degrees today, but the wind made it feel a little cooler.  This up and down stuff has got to be driving the farmers with orchards crazy.  It those buds open up this coming week and then we get a freeze...so long apples and peaches and pears and......



It was above freezing when Little Wonder and I went out to the barn.
Once gain I put the hay where there was sun.




After chores I went to Wegmans and outdid myself with 4 huge bags of groceries.  When I got back to the farm Gary left to have a physical.  By then it was feeling much better outside.
No nap time for me today.
As soon as Gary got home I went back to Brockport for a hair cut.
The sky was gorgeous tonight.




Got the boys tucked in and sat by the fire while Gary grilled some white hots.

We had open faced hot dogs with sauerkraut and spicy mustard with a side of German potato salad, sharp cheddar cheese and apples.  The picture was so ugly I could not post it!
Night all.

 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Dinner sounds WAY better than ugly, and that weather, how can it be so variable ???

Val Ewing said...

I sure hope that you don't have a freeze that injuries the fruit trees. We had that a few years ago. It devastated the apple orchards.

Sandra said...

It was windy here, too. Today it's supposed to be mid 60 and 70 tomorrow. What? That would be disastrous for the fruit growers.