Followers

Friday, March 8, 2024

16,389 Steps by 6pm.

Chilly.Sunny.Warmer.Windy.

Gary left to meet his pals for the Friday morning coffee klatch and there was ice on the car windows.


The barn did not feel too bad, so I started working on changing stalls.  It was a huge job but well worth it.  I took all the shavings out of Rebel's stall (next to Buddy's) and put them in the Northern section.  Prior to that I started moving hay to the feed room....then I became determined to keep going so I could move Buddy tonight.  Gary came out to the barn and started helping me move the hay....and later on the pallets.  The wooden ones are so heavy.  He was not happy.


Little Wonder and I were out there for almost 4 hours and I was feeling it.
Once I got Buddy's new stall emptied and swept out we went down to Country Max to pick up some shavings.  Of course LW loved the ride and got a cookie when we were in the store.


By then I was pooped, but did wheel in the shavings....
and set everything up.
Now they are directly across from each other.  Their water buckets are closer to the hydrant and I don't have to sweep the entire aisle or go down a step to get in Buddy's old stall.  Cleaning will be much easier too.

Finally....



Went out a little early to brush the boys.  I had opened the gate to Buddy's stall, let Rebel in and could not believe Bud walked right into his.





Neither of them were very happy about the new arrangement.  Hopefully by tomorrow they will have adjusted and my body will recover.  As of right now I have taken 16, 389 steps!  That's a few miles!
Another new blossom today.
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

You answered the question before I asked it, why you moved the stalls. You were feeling ambitious! That's a lot of steps.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lori,
I'm darn impressed with your daily schedule on your Heritage Farm !!!
Please say "Hi" to Gary for me.
Bill Mull '66. Roseburg OR