Followers

Monday, March 18, 2024

To the Doc....

After a night of hacking, I finally fell asleep and did my usual thing this morning.  Decided to call and see if I could get an appointment with my Doctor.  No problem.  11:20.

 It was very cold and the wind was nasty.




After chores I took a shower and Gary drove me to the Health Clinic.  I did cover my face with a mask and had a good chat with Dr. B.  Because I was so wheezy I wanted to make sure my lungs were ok (they were clear) and that I did not have pneumonia.  Unless I get a fever....no antibiotics.  Was prescribed a prescription (pills) to help stop the coughing...not sure I want to take them.  They also swabbed my nose to check for flu or covid.  Seeing that I had Covid in December, I'm hoping that is not the case.  Will find out tomorrow.  Got home, had lunch and sacked out by the fire.  Gary went out and ran errands and when he got home we both fell asleep for about an hour and a half.  Little Wonder was with me part of the time and then Sid got on the chair with me and sent some healing vibes.
Needless to say....Little Wonder was not very happy to see Sid in his place.
I spoke to Mary Pat and she had smooth sailing going back to N. Carolina.  Today she is making an Irish dinner and going out to work in her gardens.  We really enjoyed her company....have been friends for almost 50 years and she was Jenny's first grade teacher!
Once again it started snowing late afternoon and by chore time it was sticking.





The boys were happy to get tucked in.



LW would not walk in front of me while I was trying to get on my trike.....

Jenny's soup for dinner.  So good and just right!
Thanks to my pals for checking on me!
Night all.

 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

I keep hoping that every day will be an improvement. Never mind, the Dr did rule out some things, hope it isn't Covid again. Take care, rest lots.And lots more rest all over again.

Sandra said...

LW doesn't look impressed with the weather. I'm relieved you went to the Dr.. I'd take the pills, coughing wears you out. Wonderful Jenny, just what the Dr. ordered. Hot soup!

Barbara Anne said...

Friends in the southern UK have both had whooping cough in the last 6 weeks despite of having the vaccine as kids. To their surprise, their doctor said the vaccines we got (DPT in the US) were only helpful for 10 years. That is a surprise to me!

I, too, would take the pills as directed on the bottle and if they don't work or make you more miserable, don't take any more, and call the doctor back. I'm a retired RN.

Wishing you well!