Followers

Sunday, March 31, 2024

One More Face Cord of Wood....

The weather was nothing special.  In the 40s with a little sun off and on.



Chores were done in record time....
and while I still had some energy I decided to pick the small pasture. I'll start working on the rest when I get another burst. The front paddock gets picked every day.






At 10am our friend Ed A. delivered a face cord of wood to get us through the rest of the season.  Gary brought a couple loads to the back porch and stacked the rest in the shed near his barn.  So glad to have a nice warm kitchen.
I decided to make another apple Betty pie late morning....


Jenny brought up some tulips and corn bread to eat with her leftover taco soup, which we had already eaten for lunch.
Yet another blossom today.
Gary worked outside much of the afternoon while Little Wonder and I took it easy.  More basketball.
I also baked a ham.  They were on sale, and even though it was just the two of us for dinner I made it anyway as I love the leftovers.  Tomorrow I will make ham and scalloped potatoes.  Today I ran out of gas and we just had a very simple meal.

Chores were a little late tonight as we watched then end of a game and it took forever.





So what did we eat?  The ham, corn bread and orange jello with carrots and walnuts.  Pie later.
A pretty quiet day.
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Everything looks delicious.

I worked outside most of the afternoon on Sunday picking up gravel out of the yard and picking up sticks once again.

:)

Sandra said...

Sounds like a very good day. The ham and pie look so good to me!