Followers

Saturday, March 9, 2024

Happy Birthday Stephanie!

Today is our oldest daughter's birthday.  It sure would be nice to be celebrating together!  I think when everyone is here, we need to have a family celebration... all on the same day.  xoxoxoxoxoxoxo


A dark dreary rainy chilly day.

It was raining and blowing like crazy before I went out to the barn so I put hay nets under the shed roof.




I must say that all the work that was done yesterday is paying off.  Much more efficient and both boys survived it.
After chores Gary and I went to Wegmans and then we stopped over at Jenny's, where he had a couple cups of coffee.  These tulips and apples were on her kitchen table....matching colors!  Finn was there as he is on break from college for a week.  He went to UB to pick up Cooper this afternoon so they could watch some basketball together.  They love being home together, but Coop's break does not start until Finn goes back to Cortland.
Got home and started making an Apple Betty Pie.  So what the heck is that?
I sliced up 5 apples and splashed on a little orange juice.
Then I made a traditional crumbly topping in my food processor (sugar, flour, salt, butter) and tossed it with the apples.
Heaped it in the pie shell and baked it at 400 for at least 50 minutes.
Have not tasted it yet....  I like making it this way as I don't have double sugar and flour.  It's kind of like a tart.
We attempted to start a Netflix series this afternoon but gave up after the second episode.  Very bizarre.


The best part was the roaring fire.
Evening chores as usual.

Very muddy.....also as usual.




Buddy went right into his new stall again.


Sloppy Joes, corn and coleslaw for dinner....comfort food.
Night all.

PS
I watched the President's entire speech last night and appreciated him calling out the Rs for not being willing to work together on many important issues.  MTG was an ass as usual and the Senator who did the rebuttal reminded me of a middle schooler trying out for a play.  She sure did not do anything for the women in this country and will be absolutely fried on Saturday Night Live.  Campaign season is going to be very long and interesting.

 

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I thought her 'rebuttal' was really off mark. Plus, her setting was in the kitchen? Was she trying to tell American Women that their place is actually in the home and in the kitchen???

Looks like you had a great day.

Sandra said...

That was exactly the message, Val.

I know Apple Brown Betty which is very like your Apple Betty, usually baked in a baking dish and a bit more crumble on top. I like this version.

The boys adjusted to the knew digs well. Oh.....Happy Birthday to Stephanie!