Followers

Saturday, July 25, 2009

CANCEL THOSE DINNER RESERVATIONS!

A leftover shot from last night....

This morning I got off to a slow start and chores went as usual...


The ponies went straight for the grass.

When it gets buggy, they move into the barn...


My friend Judy called and wondered if I wanted to go with her to the Bean and Bin at 11. It is a co-op, jammed with everything you can think of.





I have never seen anything like these "shoes." Have you?



You name it, they've got it.

Did you say Christmas in July?

And then there's the basement...crammed with more stuff.

From there, we went to Bergen. Judy wanted to hit Greg'rys Bakery for some Hermits.

There's a new antique shop there, so we checked it out first.

I was very impressed and Judy bought an oriental rug.

Yep! this is the kind of stuff they have at the bakery....

These two sisters took it over in May and they have made some very positive changes (like air conditioning).



When I got home, it was still a pleasant day. Gary was digging up more garlic.

Darrin came over to ride Winnie and I worked with them for a little while. He is so interested in learning and catches on quickly. Justine came along (with her broken arm) and realized how much she misses riding.

One of my macro shots for the day.

I went out to do the evening chores a little early as we were supposed to join our friends Tina and Roger for dinner. (Wanted to try out a new restaurant). I turned on the little tv in my feed room and BAM!!!! Tornado warnings were coming on every few minutes! and it was heading toward Brockport! Cancelled dinner...fed the horses inside and started closing up the doors to the other barns. Nothing.....nothing....the weatherman was saying "go into your basement or a bathroom on the first floor.'' We have a big closet with no windows....I threw in a couple of blankets and made sure there was enough room for Gar, me and the dogs. Not too far from here, in the town of Corfu, it touched down and ripped apart a couple of buildings on the main street.
We waited...the weather maps said we should be prepared...some places could get hail the size of eggs! I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED A TORNADO.

Finally we had a 6 minute gigantic downpour. No hail...no tornado.

Idiots (who had no clue) were still driving up and down the road.

Finally, the storm passed.

"When can we get the heck out of this barn Mom?"

"What are you waiting for?"

I was not convinced that it was over...it was still raining a little....so they stayed in.

The sky was starting to shape up, so we decided to go down to the Golden Eagle for dinner.

Now, the sun was back out and things were shaping up.

It always looks like this when we go there for dinner...everytime!

On the way home the sky was it's beautiful self. I let the horses back out.
What will tomorrow bring?

The horses are in and I am going to watch the news channel to see what the damages were today.
Night all.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never seen a tornado. It's a luck that it did not come over you. Hope the weather will be better now.

Frank said...

You described quite a long, busy day of friends and real fun activities and then a threatening storm. But, in the end, a wonderful, safe and calm end to the day. May every day close on such a pleasant note. (I'm glad to read the dogs found a comfy place to ride out the storm. They were just glad to be with you I'm sure.)

Mary Ellen said...

I was thinking how full your days are - and this was BEFORE the tornado warning!

You managed to survive, and get dinner out anyway. You inspire me.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Such a busy, fun, adventure filled, and exhausting day. After that tornado scare I would have asked for a margarita (or two)with my dinner. lol!

Your macro was awesome! And I liked that photo of the chair and table in your garden. I can imagine you sitting there with an iced tea and one of those delicious pastries, just enjoying the day :)

So...what is a hermit? It's edible, right?

Oh! And very nice antique store, too. Was it pricey or fair? Did you come home with any new trinkets?

~Lisa

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I'm glad the tornado missed you. It seems that every other time I climb onto a horses back, we get his by a dust devil. Apparently, I am a magnet for those things. I've seen tornadoes off in the distance and got hit by the edge of a small one while driving 65 MPH down a freeway. It blew me into another lane. Most of my natural disaster experiences have been with earthquakes since I grew up in California. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

Glad you dodged the bullet.