Followers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

IT WAS A HOT ONE....

Once again, the horses were back in the run in before I finished chores. I wanted to mulch the paddock so they moved out of my way for that.

I put their halters on this morning so they would be easier to catch when the farrier arrived.

Even tho it was early, I mowed as much of the lawn as I could before class started.

Sandy did a great drawing of the three X goats from Bedlam Farm.

While we were out on the porch, they started cutting the wheat in the field next to us.

Miss Gucci loves to sit in a chair during class.

At noon the roofer stopped by, then it was lunch time.

I'd say the temperature hit 87 or 88. Went out and finished the lawn and got some shots of
the work being done in the fields.









It did not take long to do about 100 acres.



Mary Pat stopped by with some cookies as a thank you for taking pictures at Kate's graduation party. Yummmmm.

Then John arrived and I was out in the barn from 2:30-5 while he trimmed the horse's feet.

Duncan has spent every day with John since he was a little puppy. Now he is a year old and a beautiful example of his breed. Today he came into the grooming room where it was cooler and I had a fan going. Poor John was very hot.

Target was done last and acted like a brat part of the time. He wanted to be out with the other horses....

I started dinner and then went out to do chores. Came in, took a shower and finished things up.
Randy and Arlene arrived about the time I got out of the shower.

We had a great meal...I have now put the horses in and am going to hit the couch...may stay there for the duration... Night all.

2 comments:

Gayle said...

I love the shot towards the barns. All the foliage is so beautiful. I just love when Duncan visits you. He is such a beauty.

San said...

Beautiful. You must sleep well after a day like that.