Followers

Monday, July 27, 2009

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER....

When I went out to do chores this morning there was a bird sitting on the top of one of the lightning rods.

Coolish at first...but it warmed up quickly.

Went through the usual drill...happy that it was not raining. The paddock needs to dry out and I am not thrilled with the bugs. The horses still come into the barn before I even finish with the stalls.

More lilies....

At 11 I went to Brockport for a meeting of the Art & Aesthetics committee. We are working on a fundraiser that sounds like a lot of fun.

We met at Alicia's home, out on her patio (which is surrounded by gardens).

Alicia is a fabulous jewelry maker.

Deanna and Helen were there too.

Her hydrangeas are very healthy looking.

Got home around 12:30...ate lunch and waited for Gary to come home from the Dentist. He had a wisdom tooth pulled today.

At 2:15 I went down to Apple Creek Farm to mow their lawn.

The apples are starting to show some size now.

The last two times I was there it started to rain. Today it was beautiful.

Louise's gardens are always packed with color.

I finished up at 4:15 and headed home.

Did evening chores and made a simple dinner that Gary could eat easily.

Pasta tossed with a little olive oil, fried onions and peas...topped with Pecorino Romano cheese and pepper.

Of course I made too much salad, as Gary could not eat it.

The zuchini plants are starting to produce. Love to make it as a side with any kind of dinner.

The evening sun was shining in on our antique rocker.

Put the horses in late and now I'm ready to hit the sack. Need to do this posting stuff much earlier. Night all.

5 comments:

Mary Olson said...

Some great photos both here and below. The food looks scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

daylilies! salad! I'll be right over. Speaking of coming over, hop over and pick up an award. I don't know where you'll put it (do you have a trophy closet?), but now you have a new one.

Frank said...

I'll have my tooth pulled if I can be nursed back to health with your simple pasta dish. AND salad. It looks delicious. (Your friends all look so nice. And they're talented artists, too!!)

allhorsestuff said...

Very nice day indeed..love the Lace and your Rocker! I laughed when I read a comment about having ao tooth pulled for that Pasta!! You are a good cook! Inspiring!
KacyK

Ken Mac said...

a day in the life at your wonderful farm puts me at ease...