Followers

Thursday, July 9, 2009

BING BANG BOOM!

Chores went smoothly, then I gathered everything I needed to take out to Glen Darach Farm for Abbe (sweat sheet, harness, boots, surcingle, saddle pad, regular bridle, Andrea's bit, water bucket, grain for four feedings, bale of hay, driving whip, mask, halter, lead rope).
Loaded everything into the front of the horse trailer and took Abbe into the tack room for a good grooming.  I was here by myself and she loaded well.
This is Glen Stirling....he is Abbe's sire and lives at Glen Darach.
When we got there, I put her in the front pasture and she immediately went over to Eagle (Andrea's gelding).  She must remember him.
She kept looking at the trailer when I was leaving.
These four flower shots are from Andrea's gardens.



When I left, I drove to Country Max to buy some stall mats (had to take advantage of the fact that I had a trailer to put them in).  The sale starts next week, but the manager sold them to me for the sale price today....bought six.  When Gary got home he was not too thrilled to move them into a couple of the stalls AS THEY WERE VERY HEAVY!

Then I mowed the lawn.  A little after 3 we met with the roofer we want to use for the indoor and the studio, making final arrangements.  We're going with dark green metal roofs. Finished the lawn and  around 4:30 went into the house to make some chicken meatballs in sauce. 

At 5:30 I went out to do chores...a little mulching in the paddock first.  We ate dinner around 6:45 and then I forced myself to drive down to Apple Creek Farm to mow their lawn.

This is how dark it was when I finished.  Home, put the horses in for the night....took a shower and I AM TIRED.  Night All!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice flowers. Abbe does not seem anxious to leave her stall. It's a good thing.
The Cheval's exams are over. We have not still the results yet. I am back on the web but not so often as before because since my mother has come to live close to here, I visit her more often, help her to go errounds... And so I have less free time. But I am happy I can help her. Before, she lived alone at 100 km from here and had to do all by herself. As she is old it was not always easy. See you soon.
Phyto

Glennis said...

Flowers are lovely, you had a hard working day, nice that you had such a lovely evening sunset at the end of it.