Followers

Friday, July 17, 2009

ANOTHER SHORT AND SWEET POST...


Sort of a grey morning.  Started out a bit chilly and then turned muggy.  Sunshine most of the day...of course there was rain in between.
After chores I took a quick shower and went to Brockport to have my eyes examined and order a new pair of reading glasses.  My eyes checked out great!  But those drops certainly change your vision for hours.  Went to the drug store and had the pharmacist locate some benedryl for me, as I could not read anything.  That bee sting I got a couple of days ago is driving me nuts. My right hand is swollen around my knuckles and is very itchy.
The two things combined made me so tired I had to hit the couch.
Here is another sculpture from Bill Stewart.  I'm looking for another name, if anyone has an idea.  

After my nap, Darrin came up to help me with Abbe.  I put that in the post below.
Did evening chores and went down to the video store to pick up 4 movies.  That should keep me busy.  So far, we have watched "Last Chance Harvey" and now I am going to watch one of the others.

All was quiet, then it started to pour.  Put the horses in at 10 and now it's back to the couch time.  Rain and movies go together.

3 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

We've had so much rain and so many thunderstorms in the past few days. The wind was so bad it even took down a tree in one of the paddocks which of course crashed onto the temporary electric fencing...Hope your hand feels better soon. That's got to be annoying.Remember in the old days when we were kids if you got a bee sting you put mud on it, I can't remember if that actually worked or not.

Mary Olson said...

Please send some of your rain here! I put off an eye exam for about 4 years because i hate those drops so much. You'd think will all the medical advances they could come up with something that doesn't last so long.

Unknown said...

Lovely shot of Joe. He's a handsome old hoss, isn't he?
When I was a boy we always treated nettle stings by rubbing it with a dock leaf. Docks always seemed to grow near nettles, and they always seemed to ease matters. Don't know if it would help with bee stings, though.
Regards, Mike.