Followers

Saturday, April 20, 2024

Hay Day

It was supposed to rain around 11am so we had our hay delivery at 9.  Jenny and Scott were here to help and we were done in under 20 minutes.  I had already fed the boys, cleaned their stalls and turned them out.



While we were waiting for Dave, Jenny started picking the big pasture.





Afterward, Jenny and Scott checked out Gary's raised beds.
I had ordered two pairs of Crocs that arrived yesterday and they were the wrong size, so I drove into Dick's at the Greece Ridge Mall and exchanged them.  On the way home I stopped at Wegmans and ended up buying much more than the things on my list.  This happens regularly.
Fortunately, Gary had a fire going when I got back to the farm.  The temperature was dropping into the 40s.



I made a fresh salad....
and we had leftover pasta for dinner.
By then it was chore time and with the wind it had to be in the 30s.






I groomed the muddy boys and put on their sheets.  Who knows....we might even get a frost.
I think Little Wonder liked wearing his black coat.  He's no dummy!


Night all.

 

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

LW, I would have a jacket on too, probably a super heavy down filled one with a hood. Dinner looks delicious .

Sandra said...

We are starting a warming period today. Maybe it will head your way. I order groceries online for pick up so I don't have the extras ending up in the cart! I got into the habit during Covid and never changed back.Extra hands make hay stacking go fast.