Followers

Sunday, February 25, 2024

Could We Be Over The Hump?

Cold this morning, but it was in the high 40s later in the day.  Rumor has it that we will be in the 60s on Tuesday and Wednesday.

When I go to bed early, there is no hope for me to get up at a decent hour.  This is how it looked around 5:45 this morning.  The moon was very bright and the house was dark....no color showed up in this picture!


Little Wonder and I started out in the usual way.
By 8 we were in the barn.  So glad the sun was out!




Buddy came in while I was finishing up the stalls....he has not visited in weeks.

After chores I picked some manure and dragged the bucket out of the grooming room.
Our afternoon was quiet, but Gary spent much of it outside laying out the spots for the three new raised beds.....he even picked the small pasture!  Yay!

No nap, but some down time.
Jenny and Coop stopped up late afternoon.  She brought us some corn chowder.
Coop and Gary spent a lot of time looking at old photo albums.
By evening chores the sky started to change and I think we will get some rain.






We had a very simple dinner.  Chicken Helen....
potato salad and dill pickles!
So good.
Night all.

 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

LW melts my heart everyday. We are going to reach 60 today. Unbelievable. I am no longer an early riser.

Val Ewing said...

I started to wake up at 4 am these days. I guess I am getting ready for the time change in a couple of weeks?

I am an early bird.

Looks nice. We have red flag warnings for today. Unbelievable. High temps and High winds and 20% or less humidity.
Yikes.