Followers

Monday, September 4, 2023

Today's Bounty

The heat is on.

Little Wonder and I went out to do chores at the usual time....much warmer than yesterday morning.
When finished, Gary and I set up two boxes/bags of veggies....1 for Carol and Topper and 1 for my friend Andrea.  Tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, beets and carrots.

Carol and Topper arrived a little after 11 and by then I managed to have half of the lawn mown.  She is having knee surgery in a couple of weeks so we sent her home with a walker, crutches and....ta daaa....a raised toilet seat that she can use after surgery.  The joys of getting old.  Carol tried out the walker (with hand breaks and a nice seat) in the driveway and could not believe how much better she could get around right now.  I'm sure she's cruising down the private road which runs in front of their lake house.
After they left, I grabbed the bag of veggies for Andrea and some ice tea before heading out to Glen Darrach.  My plan was to stop at a deli to pick up subs and take them to the farm for lunch.  No such luck....they were closed for Labor Day.  So when I got to Andrea's, she was sitting in a chair with her leg up with ice on it (she had a knee replacement two weeks ago today).  Cindy, a mutual friend, has been helping at the farm for several years and has been outdoing herself to keep things going well while Andrea recovers.  Andrea is superwoman and today she started stall cleaning ... yesterday she was working on some fencing.


Anyway, I asked her if she wanted to go for a ride so we could find some food and she said yes.  We talked Cindy into coming along, tho she did not want to eat....just enjoyed the iced tea.  She had just finished bathing her horse.
Here they are when we go back....Andrea walking without a walker or cane!  She amazes me.

Got back home and took it easy until it cooled down and I could finish mowing.
It's a good thing there was a breeze for the ponies, as it was about 90 degrees.





Tucked them in and Gary put together leftovers for dinner.
I'm done.  Trying to get the west side of our house cooled down as there was so much solar in the afternoon it was over 82 degrees inside.
Night all.



 

No comments: