Followers

Saturday, September 16, 2023

Onward

Still not feeling that great but I still did chores.


Jenny and Scott came up this morning to help around the farm.  Buster came along.
Gary is cutting back on the garlic and Scott came up with his tractor to move the manure over to the garden area.
But first, he dug out some stumps!  Yay, we are getting rid of one garden!
He, Gary and Jenny (thank you John Deere) cleared all the vines and weeds away from the back of the barn.  Long overdue.  Now we will spray the area with that heavy duty vinegar.
Looks so much better.



I spent much of the day with a heating pad doing nothing.
Yesterday I leased a new car and picked it up today.  I went in for an oil change and must have had a mental breakdown to do this.  Generally, we just get a basic model and this time they had one on the lot with a lot of bells and whistles.  My nickel, so I did it.  Will have to take a photo tomorrow.

Got home late and took a shower so I could go to a fund raising dinner with Gary.  It was held at Kirby's.  Still not back to normal.


These two, Standard Time, have been playing together for years and this was their 9th gig this week!  So popular!  Great musicians!





They use the money to help with various projects etc. for students in our Central School District.
This long, long table is set up in one of the greenhouses.






Gary won a bottle of wine!
I did not last very long....home by 7:30 so I could tuck the horses in.
Rebel is lame again.  Tomorrow he is going to get a good soak in some Epsom salts in case he is getting an abscess.  Poor guy.
Night all.
Going to bed early.

 

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

Well done Gary, Lori, rest well and can you try to not do so much? Even good ponies and cats and LW need lots of care and time.Hope tomorrow is a heap better for you.

Val Ewing said...

Yes, I agree with Nancy! Rest up a bit and get to feeling better!
You have more energy than the Energizer Bunny!

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Sandra said...

I don't think I've ever seen one day you aren't busy doing something. Laying low for a bit may be what you need to do. That said, it looks like a wonderful gathering.

Jo said...

Oh no, Lori, what has happened? Did you hurt yourself? I've been AWOL again with workloads. Do take care of yourself.