Followers

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

It's That Time Of Year




After chores I was able to get a last minute appointment for a haircut.  The Village was quiet.
Every year at this time these flowers reappear....almost to the day.



Rehearsal at 1.  We are getting ready to play at the Harvest Festival on September 23rd.
It's held at the Farmer's Museum.


I actually played a basic bass part on a couple of songs.  Really like it and still have a lot to learn.
Started on dinner when we were finished.  A salad (our own greens) beets, mandarin oranges, feta cheese, candied walnuts and a yummy vinaigrette dressing.
I took the broth from the roasted chicken (full of carrots, onions, celery, chicken, peas and chicken) and made a yummy gravy that had a lemon flavor.
Mashed potatoes too.
Delicious.
I love taking it easy after we eat before going out for chores.


Tucked the boys in around 7:30.  They were ready.
Night all.

 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Going to copy your dinner for tomorrow night as I have a rotisserie chicken to debone and boil down for broth. I also have greens to use so thanks for a good meal idea. Kathy