Followers

Monday, September 18, 2023

A Real Spa Day

For the most part, this was a very beautiful day.  It rained a couple of times but nothing outrageous.

Yesterday I picked raspberries and this was our dessert last night.  We are loaded.

As for today.  Rebel was waiting for me to get out there to serve breakfast.
Alice arrived at 10 for Spa Day and we started off soaking Rebel's foot.  He did not take it out of the water once.  It must have felt good.  Such a sweet boy.
I wanted to have his feet trimmed at 6 weeks, but the farrier injured her hand and she is out of business.  Now, all four have chips and his front left (which had an injury several years ago).  has a problem causing lameness.  I'm thinking it's an abscess.  A new farrier is coming tomorrow to see if there is anything she can do to help him.
Alice groomed while he was soaking.

Buddy, who usually gets groomed first, had ants in his pants.



I don't know how you horse people do it.  Today, I brought out a sock and a plastic bag to cover the diaper....then (not on yet in photo) I did another bad job of putting on the duct tape.  It's still on him tonight.
After that, it was Buddy's turn.





They always lollygag around before they are willing to go back out....but they finally made it.

Rebel was moving pretty well (on an anti-inflammatory).
This afternoon the sun was blasting into the living room and library, but finally....it was not so hot.


Little Wonder and I did a little napping.


Then we went for a ride in the car.  Gary's first time driving it and it passed the test!
Dinner....country ribs, sweet potatoes and leftover coleslaw.  One of my favorite combinations.
Tucked in the boys closer to 7:15.  Getting darker and darker.



Night all.

 

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

Lollygagging, a totally new word for me, and it fits perfectly. I could lollygag all day !!!

Val Ewing said...

LOL...Last winter I had to care for an elderly mule foot with a diaper, and duct tape! She was really quite good about holding her foot up while I applied Sugardine and the diaper and made a boot.
Sugardine is a mix of sugar and iodine that helps relieve pain and swelling. It is an old farrier trick recommended by our farrier via text message after he saw photos of her hoof and leg.
In 3 days she was so much better!

I sure hope Rebel gets to feel better too very soon!

Love those Zinnias!

Sandra said...

I haven't had foot soreness, except for founder. Which is a different ball game. I used a set of boots with an insert for founder. The car got the Gary approval! Good luck with the new farrier.

thecrazysheeplady said...

I'd email you, but I think they are still not going through :-/. Get a Davis boot for soaking and a Bluegrass boot for poultice. Use a layer of cotton and some vet wrap and stick the canvas boot on over that and you are good to go.

https://www.chewy.com/bluegrass-animal-products-deluxe/dp/327984?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=Bluegrass%20Animal%20Products&utm_campaign=19725169411&utm_term=&gclid=CjwKCAjwsKqoBhBPEiwALrrqiMBuwgaJ9RXhycl0ODe_3R658v8qzYlPv0uNlbWSSq802kXAFxXHZhoCUmkQAvD_BwE