Followers

Sunday, September 24, 2023

The Opposite of Yesterday

Took it easy after chores.

Just to be on the safe side, I cleaned out Rebel's hoof, gave it a quick soak in Epsom Salts and rewrapped it before turning him out.  Buddy was very impatient while he was waiting.

Rebel is walking about 75% better.


It took me awhile to finish everything as I am trying to organize the hay stall near Buddy and the feed room so I can fit the rest of the hay downstairs.  It's going to be a tight squeeze.

Today the Buffalo Bill's game was on at 1pm, playing the Commanders.  It was a big win.
  We all took it easy.

I did manage to make a couple jars of pickled beets.

It was in the high 50s and raining by late afternoon, so I tucked the boys in early.....





and went down to Wegmans to pick up a thin crust cheese pizza.
While I was gone, Gary sautéed a big sweet onion and some banana peppers to top off the slices.
Our garden is pretty empty now...just tomatoes, beets, a few peppers and leeks.
I used the last of the cucumbers and will miss having them in salads.

Night all.

 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

That's good news about Rebel. We got 4" of rain over the weekend. We could use even more. I'm still getting a few tomatoes and zucchini, but it's mostly done. Your beets look good, but they are something I just don't like. I've tried every way and it's a solid nope. But they look good!