Followers

Monday, September 11, 2023

Nine Eleven

This bronze sculpture was created by a Brockport artist (Richard Kron), with a metal piece from New York City incorporated into the design.  Every 9/11 an all day vigil takes place there.  I remember exactly what I was doing while listening to NPR on my way to Glen Darrach Farm.  Total disbelief.


A semi busy day starting with chores.

Check out the height of this sunflower over by the indoor.  The door is 12 feet high!

I picked the indoor and then raked it.  Have not done that for awhile and my little John Deere was choking.
I spent a short time getting rid of some burdocks in the yard.  We need to get rid of at least 4 gardens.
At 1pm I went to Hanny's for bridge.  Such a good time with so many laughs (not to mention delicious snacks and dessert).


So tired today.  Got home and took it easy before Gary grilled a couple of burgers for dinner.
Chores at 7:30.


Have to finish this post so I can watch the Buffalo Bills (vs Jets) game that starts in 2 minutes.
Night all.

2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Looks like you had another very busy day.
What a great memorial for 9-11.

The dust around here is something else, it rises from our feet while walking in the yard.

Sandra said...

I agree, a great memorial. And, another busy day. Now that it's cooler I need to attempt some outside work myself.