Followers

Saturday, September 9, 2023

From Lake Ontario to Lock 34

Cool again with some rain off and on.  Very busy....a vacation day and lots of food.

I started off with morning chores.


My friend Mary Pat is in town and I was invited for lunch out at the gorgeous home of Linda H. on Lake Ontario.  Nancy and Donna were also there and we sure had a lot to say to each other.




Linda made us a delicious lunch and we sat right next to the lake in her enclosed porch.

So good to catch up!

It was pretty grey out there.
These two have been having a great time over the past several days.

Got home in time to take it easy for a couple of hours.....





before heading out to Lockport.  Gary communicates with the food editor of the Buffalo news and we were invited to an event held at Lock 34.  What a spectacular setup.
This is Andrew and it's the first time I've met him.
Various chefs/restaurants prepared the food and 100 cooks from the area were invited for dinner.
A buffet was set up in the restaurant and everything was delicious.  Andrew used Gary's garlic in the two dishes he prepared

Here are some of the things that were on the buffet.















We have invited Andrew and his girlfriend, Jen, to come over to the farm so I can cook for them.  I wonder if I will get a review!  What should I make?
This venue was top shelf.  Under cover with tables and a bar, with a huge covered stage on the south end.
The band was WELCOME DISTRACTION.  I needed to listen to a couple songs before we left.
Here's one.

I never knew that Lockport was such a cool place.
We got home just after dark and it's time for a nap.  Fortunately Jenny did evening chores for me.
Night all.

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Food and entertainment, superb. Next time at your home, the garden, all that produce, the studio, artwork, ponies, LW and a feline or so will give that wonderful backdrop to whatever you have on your own menu.I know whatever you serve will be delicious.

Anonymous said...

What a cool time last night exploring a new venue of food choices. Your days have been pretty full lately of good food and friends. Kathy

Sandra said...

You had a fabulous day! The band did that song really well. I say again, I envy where you live!