Followers

Friday, March 3, 2023

Yes or No?

Dreary and in the high 30s again.


After chores I went up to the loft and threw down some hay to go in Janet's storage area.
Then I swept the floor and bagged up some bird crap.  Time to get someone over here to tighten things up.  Fortunately, with just the three horses....
there is plenty of room to store hay in the grainery and other areas.  When there were 9 or 10 horses here we used up the whole upstairs.

The ponies spent some time outback nibbling on whatever they could find.







At 2 I had my 5th visit with the chiropractor and that should do it for awhile.  Per usual I could not resist the fish.







On the way home I stopped at Wegmans and bought all kinds of stuff to keep Gary busy after his hip replacement.  He is going to have such a case of cabin fever.  This morning he went shopping and bought more sweats so he can be comfortable during PT and recovering in general.

Decided to make a stir fry for dinner.  Started on it before evening chores.





and finished when I got back in the house.
In the meantime....the lomain was done and
the drumsticks were nicely glazed.  I par boiled them for a few minutes and made a marinade (soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, ketchup, peach jam and a finely chopped shallot) which I cooked down in a pan with some cornstarch and water.  I love using a pie plate on the bottom and another on the top so I can see what's happening in the oven.  The sauce was so good on top of the veggies and lomain.
Gary had his with clementines and I
had mine with the usual banana.  The flavors!  So smooth.
Night all.

We may or may not get some bad weather tonight.  It is raining now.


 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Lots of good photos. I just learned something, using two glass pie plates! Genius. Dinner looks real good. I hope the weather doesn't get bad. We are getting more snow tomorrow.