Followers

Saturday, March 11, 2023

A Very Long Night

Gary was not feeling too great last night and they thought he could be dehydrated so he drank a ton of water and then he could not get rid of it!  We ended up in the emergency room at 2:30 in the morning.  Of course we had the worst snow of the season and the roads were greasy enough to pull you into a ditch.  Jenny met us there and and we were back home by 5:45.

After getting Gary in the house I shoveled a spot for Janet's car.  By then it was starting to get light.
Scott arrived at 7:30 and got most of the snow out of the way.  He started the snow blower for me and I was able to clear a path to the manure pile.  What a mess.  There was a lot of drifting and I shoveled a path to the indoor so the ponies would have a place to go (if they wanted, and they didn't). At least 80% of the snow on the driveway melted this afternoon and Jenny stopped up around noon to clean up around the edges.  It looks a lot better than this now.







I was outside from 7-9:30 and was in desperate need for a nap.  First I made some chicken salad for lunch, then I took a shower and went to bed.  Got about 3 hours of sleep and hope I can get back in my groove tonight.  Have to remember to set the clocks ahead one hour.  My lower back is feeling all the shoveling.
After my nap I had just enough time to mix up the horse's beet pulp and cut up a big carrot for them.

The sky was spectacular.





No horses were in sight.  They spent a lot of the day out back and left a lot of hay under the shed roof
Finally they figured out it was dinner time.







Janet sure was a big help today....shoveling, finishing my stalls, dumping the wheelbarrows and more.







Gary was feeling much better once he caught up on his sleep....he even did the dishes and some laundry.
Dinner?  The best chicken soup I've ever made (replay) and half of a chicken salad sandwich.
Night all.


4 comments:

Nancy J said...

That's a common problem after an anaesthetic, specially a spinal block.Hope all is well now, and you both catch up with much needed shut-eyes.Too much snow at times like these.

SmartAlex said...

Glad everyone is feeling better and getting back to normal.

Sandra said...

Poor everyone. I'm relieved Gary seems to have recovered. Of course it had to be the worst snow of the season, it's how these things seem to work. You have people in your lives who care for you. A blessing. Ronin is enormous, btw.

thecrazysheeplady said...

What a time of things! Glad everyone is doing okay.