Followers

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Pick Up Sticks

 We had a lot of sunshine today and it made me want to clean up the yard.



It was pretty windy during the morning and Little Wonder needed his red coat.





We walked over to check on the garlic and it's about 3" above the leaves.  The rhubarb is also starting to show.
I had some cereal and went back out to start picking up sticks.  Ironically, Jenny called and said that she Scott and Coop were coming up to clean up the yard!





How fortunate are we, to have such good help.

They worked their butts off for over an hour and put everything in the side yard for the April pick up.  Gary came out and sat in the sun for awhile.

The afternoon sun was gorgeous and I spent time in the library tuning in to some tutorials that will teach me how to do a few more things on my baritone bass uke.  It's going to take a long time for me to be good enough to play with others.  I can do some of the basics now, but am pretty slow if it's a new song.

Evening chores don't take very long.  The ponies must have loved the weather today.







They had their dinner and we had the leftover sweet and sour stir fry with a side of peas (and my banana).
Night all.


2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Looks like a good day for playing pick up sticks. I need to do a bit of that around here too. I raked all the dirt/gravel back onto the driveway. I have a lot more to be done!

Sandra said...

You have a very good work crew. We are still under a lot of snow, so picky up anything yet. I know I've said it before, but you have a lovely, lovely home.