Followers

Sunday, March 5, 2023

Talk About A Muck Hole....

Saturated.





After chores we dug out the doors to the grooming room as Janet was having a lesson at 11 and the farrier was coming at 3:30 and needed the space.  When we finished that I went over to the indoor to rake it.  See this wool?  It is the amount of flocking that was taken out of Ronin's saddle when the saddle fitter was here.  We are going to turn it over to the birds for nest making when it gets a little warmer.
Anyway...
my assistant and I had the footing looking good before Dawn got here.
Ronin was like a different horse today!  Now that the saddle fits properly he is more forward and seems so much happier.  They had a great lesson.


My southern friends have been showing off their flowers.  This is what our daffodils look like.
Gary went down to St. Lukes for Winter Serenades.  Today it was all about Cole Porter music.


I don't think he will be ready for the next concert in two weeks, but we shall see.
I took it easy....watched a movie by the fire and then worked on dinner.
I brought Rebel and Seamus in while Ronin was finishing his farrier appointment.



Checked on Janet and Ronin before going in the house.  The last time and this time his front shoes were glued on.  It seems to work a lot better and if he did not lose one in this mud, it's the way to go.
Dinner was delish.  Boneless pork chop, carrots and salad.
Gary was sent home with a beautiful bouquet of flowers.





Night all.

PS
I also made some rice pudding to have around after Gary's hip replacement tomorrow.



 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Somehow I missed the part about Gary having a hip replacement. Good luck, Gary. We had 4" of snow last night. No flowers poking through! The flowers a really pretty.